Unix / Linux / AWS Administrator
- A Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a large IT operational environment, with extensive experience in one of the areas listed about.
- Good Knowledge UNIX/Linux suite of enterprise platforms and preferably, RedHat and AIX.
- Good working knowledge of the support of a TCP/IP and preferably Cisco networks
- Creditation with one of the major technologies are preferred
- Good knowledge of overall IT environment & in technical incident resolution
- Ability to work well with multiple global IT teams and Non IT users.
- Fluent in English
This position is responsible for the providing global technical support for global servers and networks which includes, tier 3 data centers, Wintel and Unix Servers including DMZ based servers and cloud services. Websites, Email and Citrix/Terminal Services Servers. The day-to-day technical support includes the responsibility for ensuring that the systems are highly available and reliable. Support for projects as required and agreed for building new servers and hosted solutions to approved standards and assisting where necessary to define such standards. Also includes support of servers in non-data center locations which form part of the Global Active Directory, logical network or global application portfolio.
- Ensure that the Wintel/UNIX systems being supported have a high level of availability and reliability and comply with any service level agreements
- Provide technical input to the system design of business enhancements in a manner that best meets the business needs and integrates into the current IT environment/strategy
- To be able to assist or carry out the technical specification and testing of the solutions installed in support of application or technical projects
- Provide responsive action to any high priority issue by providing the agreed level of technical cover e.g. on-call availability.
- Ensure that Sarbanes Oxley compliant policies are applied to all applications developed or supported
- Management & support of Hosted UNIX Servers including virtualization and application installation level using standard OS level tools
- Management & Support of backups, restores.
- Management of external Domain Name Services (DNS) & local DNS Hosting, including management of issues, configuration of DNS Service on primary and secondary servers and administration of external DNS cache and local ‘host’ entries.
- Internet Web Server Hosting, covering major brands & dealers.
- On-call duties may apply